Financial problem must not be a barrier for everyone to pursue education. If you are one among numbers of students who find difficulties in continuing education due to lack of money, Funza Lushaka Bursary can be your ultimate solution. It is a multi-year program about teaching in public schools. The program is designed to help the qualified students completing their teaching qualification fully in an area. The qualified students will then teach at the public school for the same period as their bursary reception. After it all is finished, the recipients can apply for a position in a public school with their choice of PED (Provincial Education Department). If it’s not possible to be accepted in the school they’ve applied for, the PED concerned will help them to find one that’s possible.
What to do next after finding a bursary is to involve you in the applying phase. How to apply for the program will be as easy as you wish. First thing first, the applicant should be a South African citizen with a valid ID number to be able to go through to the further step. The applicant should also been accepted into a study program at a well-known institution. Other application criteria for Funza Lushaka Bursary cover these points:
- The applicant’s academic record;
- The applicant’s eligibility for PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) or an approved degree;
- The applicant’s commitment to their teaching career, that includes their interest in building relations with young folks, endless enthusiasm, readiness in facing any teaching difficulty, and overall integrity;
- The applicant’s willingness to teach in any public school that the PED will later assess.
- The selection phase will be equal, mostly favoring those having financial condition that limit them from applying for a teaching qualification, coming from rural areas, and being able to teach in rural areas. Please note that those who have teaching qualifications earlier aren’t accepted in this bursary application.
If you are interested in Funza Lushaka Bursary, first apply for a teaching qualification (Bachelor of Education or PGCE) or a bachelor degree (Bachelor of Science, etc.) with minimally a primary course at your chosen university. You are allowed to apply for the bursary online once you have been accepted at a university. The period of the bursary reception will be one academic year. Following any of your academic success, the program will be renewed until they consider you’ve met the standards of being a teacher. Any renewal and reapplication should be sent by late October the following year, and you can start teaching a year for certain years according to the bursary you receive.
For those of you who want to register bursary, you can click on this website
For those of you who want to all learnerships and career
CLICK HERE: Available Bursaries
You don’t need to worry about this and that factor because the program will guarantee your essential expenses, like tuition and full accommodation for meals, learning materials, and other necessary living needs. Noted that the amount of bursary may differ among one receiver and another based on each current circumstance. For more detail including the priority areas and study specializations are available on Funza Lushaka Bursary official website.